I’ve noticed that the reference consumption for my 2018 bolt are frequently changing within the route calculator. When I initially look up the vehicle ABRP calls the correct value of 3.54 mi./kW. Arbitrarily later on ABRP will have a value of 5.4 mi./kW. This error has a profound impact on route accuracy. I find myself having to check the route calculator every time to make sure that it is the correct 3.54 I’m not jumping to 5.4.
With 4.2.0 the Bug is back, but this time on Safari/Desktop (macOS 12.3). I am still working on a reproducer.
Could not test on iOS since Version 4.2.0 is not yet available in App Store.
Cannot reproduce with 4.1.16?! Has this been addressed or was it fixed „accidentally“?
I'm driving a Opel Ampera-e, same as GM Bolt EV.
I've also different reference consumption, changing from winter to summer.
I think the main root cause is that ABRP cannot consider the interior heating which is mainly used in the winter, which is up to 7kW initially and 2-3 kW if target temperature is reached.
I don't know if ABRP takes into account only the ambient temperature in the driving model, but also the temperature of the HV battery. It's efficency is not as good if it's cold as if it's warm.
Thanks for your comment, but that sounds like something else. I would agree that interior heating can only be guessed by ABRP (based on outside temp?), but even at -2°C my car only deducts 6% from the range.
My (and if I understand correctly also Marks) problem is that the reference consumption changes from one second to the next - not between summer and winter but between using ABRP, switching to another app and coming back to ABRP. (I've recorded a 19 second video as described in my last comment.)
The ref. consumption changes from 5,05 km/kWh to 7,8 and then 12,8 km/kWh (range of 388km to 600 to 985km). 5,05 seems resonable (at 20°C), 600km is impossible at 100km/h.
I've reproduced the problem using V4.1.14 and recorded a screencast, but it seems video upload is prohibited :-(
- after switching to ABRP, the Referenzverbrauch magically changes from 5.05 to 7.8 (Timecode *00:01*)
- tapping on my car (EV6) the Referenzverbrauch reverts to 5.05 (this does not always work; sometimes I have to select the car from the list again) (Timecode *00:08*)
- switching to another app (in my video AppStore) and back to ABRP, the Referenzverbrauch shortly displays 5.05 but then (again) magically changes to 7.8 (Timecode *00:19*)
Hi, you can upload the video to YouTube as private video and copy the link here. Thanks.
Thanks for the video. So just to make sure to undestand correctly what happens...
You change the ref consumption manually, then switch to other app and back and then the value reverts back to the initial value?
How does the 12.8 come into place now? Would that show up on switch of app with 7.8 as value?
Do the values also change when the app is used or only when put into background and back to active?
No, I never changed the ref consumption manually. - After vehicle selection it is 5.05.
- After switching to another app and coming back it is 7.8.
Could this be related to data synchronization with the cloud and corrupt data in the cloud?
While I can reproduce the problem while being online, I cannot reproduce it when disconnected (from WiFi and Mobile Data)
Hm not sure, could not reproduce on my android phone so not really sure if it is an iOS problem only and what the reason could be. We will look into it.
Thanks. I could not reproduce it using the web frontend. I do not own an android phone to verify whether it is account related.
Later today, I can try to reproduce the problem using another ("test") account.
I could reproduce the issue as follows
- create another account (Sascha K2) via website with current Chrome on macOS 12.2
- Burger Menu -> Extended settings (all translations guessed) -> selected my car (Kia EV6, Long Range, RWD (alpha)) -> switch Ref. Consumption unit to "km/kWh@110 km/h" -> ABRP (on macOS) displays Ref. Consumption "5.05".
- then went to iPhone, iOS 15.3 -> open ABRP -> logout from normal account -> login to "Sascha K2"
-> ABRP on iPhone displays Ref. Consumption 7.8 (instead of 5.05)!
Now I can reproduce the problem (as shown in the video) using the new account, too.
Hi there, same issue here with KIA EV6.
my reference consumption
- is initially 5,05 km/kWh
- jumps to 7,8 km/kWh after a while (factor 1,54)
- jumps to 12,8 km/kWh after another while (factor 1,64)
The factor described by Mark is ~ 1,525.
Maybe this is related to a mile kilometer conversion (1 Mile ~= 1,61 km)?
I also noticed that the maximum speed increases at the same time from 150 km/h to 209 km/h (which is a factor 1,4).
I could only reproduce the problem with iOS, not on the web based planner. However, I cannot figure out which activity causes the jumps.
Maybe the problem is related to syncing iOS with Backend?