1

Incorrect SoC from OBD BLE for ID.3


Avatar
Peto Rusiňák

I started to use live data from OBD BLE instead of Tronity and it shows me about 10% less SoC than it is. The ID.3 infotainment shows 100% SoC, Tronity says 100% ABRP says 90% SoC from OBD BLE. It's not useful for scheduling long trip and required charging.


A

Activity Newest / Oldest

Avatar

so_cruel

I have same problem id3 45kwh and software 3.0, abpr 12-14% less that infotainment.


Avatar

Samuel_ABRP

Status changed to: User Feedback

Avatar

Samuel_ABRP

As we do not have display SoC for MEB cars, we calculate it based on BMS SoC. Could be that the 58kWh variant has a different buffer here. Is it the same SoC different all along the whole SoC range? Then we can just add a different profile for the 58kWh variant.


K

Krille

I am not sure about the original poster's problem, but I have noticed the displayed SoC from ABRP to differ from the car like this:
Car 80%, ABRP 81%
Car 20%, ABRP 21%
(Id3 58 kWh)

Then I noticed the other day that my car showed 8% and ABRP showed 5%. This wasn't a one off, I saw similar differences when below say ~10-15% SoC... Usually I stay above 10%, so perhaps it has been like that always.


K

Krille

Another update. Today I checked a little bit more while driving. The transition didn't happen exactly at the same time for the Car numbers and the ABRP numbers, but this is roughly the correlation according to an observation today.

Car 10%, ABRP 9%
Car 9%, ABRP 8%
Car 8%, ABRP 7%
Car 7%, ABRP 6%
Car 6%, ABRP 5%
Car 5%, ABRP 4%
Car 4%, ABRP 3%