Set my vehicle as the BMW iX with accurate SOC at the start of the trip. The calculated battery consumption displayed on the CarPlay app was way off. Within the first 10 mins of driving, ABRP thought I had consumed about 10% whereas my car actually used about 1%. Required me to manually adjust SOC more than 10 times over a 100 mile distance, each time by about +5%
The BMW iX models all carry the 'alpha' label to indicate that we haven't been able to model them based on real-world data yet. Hence, there is some room for error.
Though, I would encourage you to have a look at your settings for 'speed' as this in particular can make our estimated consumption rate differ a lot from reality if you in reality divert in terms of speed.
To otherwise avoid having to adjust SoC manually you can;
1. Manually decrease the 'reference consumption' value a bit
2. Or have ABRP read live SoC from your car, which also provides the benefit of a calibrated reference consumption value. This is available when linking your vehicle via OBD, read more; www.iternio.com/abrp-obd
Thank you for the info! I had read that you don’t yet support OBD for the BMW iX. Has that changed?
I tried using a supported OBD (OBDLink CX). I noticed a few things:
* It doesn’t read SOC from the car - I need to set it manually
* I tried calibrating the value by manually adjusting the SOC to match the car’s actual SOC. Even after that, while driving, the ABRP app showed SOC that was less than the actual SOC of the car
I verified that the OBD was connected to ABRP (Green Bluetooth icon in the app). I tried resetting the ABRP app completely. Let me know if this needs to be filed as a separate bug
OBD Support for the iX models was enabled over a year ago; abrp.upvoty.com/b/obd-requests/bmw-ix
I can see the connection was established and saved, and we've read other values via the OBD connection - but not SoC for some reason.
To clarify, there is no way for you to manually calibrate the reference consumption. We do have functionality for manual adjustment for vehicles with no live data connection, but this might not work as intended if there is a live data connection that isn't providing live values as expected.
I saw you submitted a different report here for the issues with the OBD connection; abrp.upvoty.com/b/report-a-bug/bmw-ix-obd-live-data-issues