2

Bad telemetry data


Avatar
Doug Leenhouts

My car suddenly showed 3552% battery SoC. I unlinked & relinked the obd connector & it's still erroring.

A

Activity Newest / Oldest

Avatar

Samuel_ABRP

Status changed to: User Feedback

Avatar

Samuel_ABRP

Can you please provide more information about selected car and used OBD hardware?


Avatar

Doug Leenhouts

2022 Mini Cooper SE, veepeak obdcheck ble+ on a pixel 4a5g.

I tried disconnecting the reader & reconnecting it, toggled Bluetooth on & off, toggled the car on & off. But every time I connect it the app has a "connected, but bad telemetry data" error, & the SoC is well over 3550%.


Avatar

Samuel_ABRP

That is not one of the tested dongles from our list. Did this work before? If not I would recommend using one of the dongles from our list:
www.iternio.com/abrp-obd


Avatar

Doug Leenhouts


Avatar

Doug Leenhouts

Yes, it's worked before for a few months flawlessly


Avatar

Samuel_ABRP

Hm, i don't think we changed anything here, but we will check.


Avatar

Samuel_ABRP

I just checked and we did not modify anything related to OBD commands here. So there is one thing you can do to help us. Please get into the car and connect to it, so you see the wrong value. Then go to settings and scroll down to support & feedback, select the first option which is either contact or give feedback. It should ask you to upload usage data from the app, click yes so it will attach the latest OBD responses you got from the car. Then open the report with your mail client, for example gmail and it should prefill the mail with some text. Send that mail to samuel@iternio.com and I'll check your data.


Avatar

Doug Leenhouts

Thanks - but when I went to try connecting, the obd reader would not connect to the car at all. Then it wouldn't connect to the phone via Bluetooth, so I ended up resetting all Bluetooth connections, pairing (took maybe 10 tries), connecting, then deleting the saved vehicle in ABRP, creating a new one, & connecting the reader (which took another 5 or 6 tries). It would establish a bt connection but not connect, or connect without getting all telemetry values. Finally it did connect successfully & the correct SoC was reported - of course it's not calibrated anymore.

Unfortunately I was in the middle of a trip when I first noticed this, & the actual SoC was not enough to get to my destination, but the app thought there was plenty - 3000% of 114 miles is enough to get anywhere without stopping to charge. I'm glad I wasn't blindly relying on ABRP navigation or that would have been trouble! If it happens again I'll be sure to pull right over & send a bug report.